OGDCL deploy production optimization initiatives, achieves major boost from Siab-1 Well

KARACHI, PAKISTAN: The Oil & Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) has achieved a major boost in its hydrocarbon production from the Siab-1 well, located in the Baratai Block of Kohat district, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

The well is operated by OGDCL, which has a 97.5% stake in the joint venture, while the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Oil & Gas Company Limited (KPOGCL) owns the remaining 2.5%.

The Siab-1 well started producing gas and condensate from the Lockhart formation on January 13, 2022, with an initial flow rate of 6.2 MMSCFD of gas and 125 BPD of condensate at a well head flowing pressure (WHFP) of 1700 PSI. The well is connected to the OGDCL Dhok Hussain Field.

By applying a production optimization strategy through a rigless intervention in the Lockhart formation, OGDCL has successfully increased the well’s output by 14.3 MMSCFD of gas and 265 BPD of oil at a WHFP of 4300 PSI. The additional gas production is being supplied to the SNGPL network. The well’s total production as of August 28, 2023, is 20.5 MMSCFD gas and 390 BPD oil.

Production optimization initiatives are significant for exploration and production companies because they can help them improve their operational efficiency, reduce costs, increase profitability, and lower their environmental impact. Some of the benefits of production optimization initiatives are:

  • They can enhance the productivity and performance of existing assets by applying advanced analytics, digital technologies, and best practices to optimize production processes, equipment, and resources.
  • Enable companies to adapt to changing market conditions and customer demands by increasing their flexibility, agility, and resilience.
  • Reduce the complexity and waste in the value chain by simplifying operational procedures, focusing the product ranges, and optimizing plant networks, inventory management, and distribution structures.
  • Support the transition to a low-carbon economy by reducing the greenhouse gas emissions and energy intensity of their operations, as well as investing in cleaner energy alternatives.

OGDCL reports hydrocarbon discovery in Sindh

About the author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *