Rakuten Kobo has revealed upgraded Elipsa 2E. Kobo’s Elipsa is the most obvious alternative to the Scribe. The new Elipsa 2E is an upgraded version of 2021’s original, yet maintains the same $399.99/£349.99 starting price.
Its premise is simple: a large 10.3in, 1404×1872-pixel E Ink tablet which allows you to read, take notes or annotate books and other documents. Most of this is made possible by the updated Kobo Stylus 2 pen, which is included in the box.
Rakuten Kobo’s in-house product designers and software developers hit the books and reimagined a best-in-class reading and writing package – Kobo Elipsa 2E.
With a 10.3” glare-free E Ink touchscreen and ComfortLight PRO to reduce blue light and eyestrain, Kobo Elipsa 2E allows you to create and organize notebooks and seamlessly export them with integrated cloud services.
Enjoy having your entire library and all your notes with you wherever you go thanks to the 32GB of storage and weeks of battery life on a single charge. Shift effortlessly from reading eBooks to listening to Kobo audiobooks with Bluetooth® wireless technology and feel good about your environmental footprint with Kobo Elipsa 2E’s 85 per cent recycled plastic exterior, including 10 per cent ocean-bound plastic.
“Kobo Elipsa 2E is the latest step in our journey to make reading lives better, bridging gaps between print and digital books, and offering an unparalleled reading experience. We understand that, for many of our valued customers, reading is more than words on a page. It is about engaging with ideas. Marking up, highlighting, capturing inspiration in infinite notebooks of almost magical capability using a versatile, intuitively-designed stylus – these are essential for capturing the thoughts and ideas that reading inspires,” Michael Tamblyn, CEO, Rakuten Kobo.
LIST OF FEATURES
- New Dual 2GHz CPU for faster page turns and faster pan and zoom for images, comics and PDFs
- Next generation Kobo Stylus 2, redesigned to be 25% lighter and rechargeable
- Search for specific text in your notebooks with the new Search function and view your notebooks on kobo.com
- Exterior made with more than 85% recycled plastic—including 10% ocean-bound plastic
- Bluetooth® wireless technology to listen to Kobo Audiobooks
- 10.3” glare-free E Ink touchscreen
- Dark Mode and ComfortLight PRO adjustable brightness and colour temperature
HOW TO USE
- Create and organize notebooks and seamlessly export them with integrated cloud services
- Enjoy folders and more notebook templates, along with the Lasso tool option for easier edits
- With 32G of storage, enjoy having your entire library and all your notes with you wherever you go
- Protect your eReader with the ultra-light Kobo Elipsa 2E SleepCover, which includes a quick and easy Kobo Stylus 2 magnetic attachment