SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: The TYMLEZ Board announced that Mr Daniel O’Halloran has been appointed Executive Chairman and Mr Maciek Kiernikowski has been appointed CEO of TYMLEZ, effective today.
Mr O’Halloran’s appointment as Executive Chairman follows his two years as CEO, during which time he steered the Company through the unprecedented challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, transforming the Company and creating strong foundations for growth.
Specifically, Mr O’Halloran has helped to achieve the following:
• Strategically shifted the Company’s direction to focus on the provision of blockchain enabled solutions to capitalise on the global transition to a zero-carbon future. These solutions fall under three key pillars, namely ESG compliance, Guarantee of Origin and Smart Energy;
• Re-aligned the Company’s focus from developer solutions to modular SaaS products;
• Recapitalised the business by attracting new investors and strengthening shareholder confidence by achieving several key milestones. This has included the delivery of the Queensland Government and UON pilot projects, and the signing of TYMLEZ’s first commercial agreements with Magnum Mining and Exploration, and Lloyd’s Register. The Lloyd’s agreement in particular represents a significant opportunity to establish TYMLEZ as a leader in the Guarantee of Origin of Green Fuel for the maritime sector;
• Relocated the Company’s headquarters from Europe to the Gold Coast, Queensland, with the assistance of a government relocation grant;
• Refreshed the Company’s Board of Directors and leadership team, exercised strict capital discipline, closed the office in Germany and significantly reduced staff in the Netherlands, all as part of an effort to rebuild an Australian based team with greater operational oversight;
• Created a strategic technology partnership with Hedera which includes a A$1.4m grant and forward-looking technology platform for the product; and
• Established an office in the US, to support expansion plans into the US market following the announcement earlier this year of SEC guidelines for ESG.
Jason Conroy, Independent Non-Executive Chairman, commented: “The Board is greatly appreciative of Daniel’s contributions and service to TYMLEZ over the past two years as CEO and looks forward to his continued leadership and vision for the Company as he takes on the role of Executive Chairman. A key focus of this new role will be to expand TYMLEZ’s presence and customer base in the United States.
“We are excited to welcome Maciek as our new CEO. As a senior IT industry executive with extensive experience in transformation and technology including Blockchain, the Board is confident in Maciek’s capabilities to lead the Company to new heights.”
Mr Conroy will retain his position as a Non-Executive Director of TYMLEZ. Daniel O’Halloran, new Executive Chairman, commented: “I am excited to take on the new role as the Executive Chairman at TYMLEZ. I am grateful for the support of Jason and the Board in helping me to establish the foundations of the Company and to make the required decisions and changes in challenging conditions over the past two years. I want to thank the TYMLEZ team for their hard work in helping to achieve key milestones, as well as our shareholders and partners for their support in getting the Company into such a great position for growth.
“The Board and I invested several months in our global search for a replacement to lead the Company into the next phase and am delighted that we have selected Maciek Kiernikowski as the new CEO of TYMLEZ. Maciek has successfully managed and grown businesses within both corporate and start-up environments. He has the right mix of skills and experience in industry and technology domains and has a trusted network. Maciek and I have discussed the TYMLEZ growth strategy at length and I am confident that he is the best choice to take TYMLEZ forward from here. Maciek’s appointment complements the recent arrival of Eglantine Etiemble as Non-Executive Director, who also has extensive technical capability and experience. Maciek’s appointment complements a world-class Board of Directors and leadership team.”