AusNet Services (previously SP AusNet) is an Australian energy company, which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and the Singapore Exchange (SGX). AusNet Services is currently owned 31.1% by Singapore Power, 19.9% by State Grid Corporation of China and the other 49% is publicly owned.
Singapore Power is wholly owned by Singapore investment fund Temasek which in turn is wholly owned by the Singapore government. State Grid is the state-owned electric utility monopoly of China and the largest utility company in the world.
Traded as: ASX: AST SGX: X04
Predecessor: State Electricity Commission of Victoria
Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
Products: Electricity transmission and distribution; gas distribution
- TXU Corporation (1994?-2004)
- Singapore Power (51%) (2005-2013)
- Singapore Power (31.1%), State Grid Corporation of China (19.9%) (2013-present)
- Parent TXU Corporation (1994?-2004)
- Singapore Power (in-name) (2004-2013)